Whatever you want to do, whether you want to start saving, paying bills, or investing in your eNaira, it all starts with funding your eWallet. Surprisingly, every category has a simple and quick method. There are three options to pick from as well.
Funding your eNaira wallet can be done under three different categories: Individuals, businesses, and Government MDAs.
1. Individual Account
To fund an individual account, choose the suitable option.
Funding your eNaira wallet from the same bank
1. Log in to your normal banking app.
2. Begin transferring funds to your eNaira wallet, which is linked to your bank account at that bank.
3. You will receive an eNaira wallet notification which means the transaction is successful.
Funding your eNaira wallet using another bank
Go to your usual banking app and sign in.
Select your eNaira wallet (tied to the other bank different from the fund source) to begin the transfer
Your e-wallet will be notified of the transaction
Funding your eNaira Wallet with cash
- An eNaira verification agent/Bank branch/SANEF receives cash from the customer
- Login to your eNaira wallet as an agent.
- Transfer the equivalent in cash to the customer’s eNaira wallet.
- The fund’s owner is notified.
Depositing foreign currency into your eNaira wallet
- For foreign account holders, log in to your customer FX bank account (e.g., HSBC).
- Transfer funds into International Money Transfer Operators’ (IMTO) FX bank account (e.g., Barclays, Western Union).
- Login to your IMTO eNaira wallet.
- Then make a transfer from IMTO eNaira wallet to consumer eNaira wallet.
- The receiver will be notified once the transaction is successful.
2. For Businesses: Paying a Merchant/Business
- You login into your eNaira wallet.
- Make a transfer to merchant eNaira wallet.
- The merchant will be notified of the transfer.
3. For Government MDAs: Citizens Paying Fee/Due to Government MDAs
- Those under this category should log in to the eNaira wallet.
- Then Initiate transfer to eNaira wallet of MDA (Ministries, Departments, and Agencies) of Government.
- The MDA will receive notification after the transaction has been successful.